Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

It's been a crazy few months here in Georgia! But that's all over with now.  Finally, finally, finally it's time to get back to normal.  The holidays are over and we can all move back to reality.  Right? Right.

What are you plans for the new year? Do you have any goals? Any resolutions? Did you start already or have you already hit an obstacle? It's never to late to start over.  Actually, for most, starting over is a daily thing.  Don't let the bumps in the road screw up your path to health and wellness. You can do it.

Here's me in February of 2011.
I worked hard, for the most part, in 2011 to get myself back to a good place.  I'm still working.  It's a constant walk down a long road.  Sometimes it's fun and sometimes a lot gets in the way but I keep walking.

Here's me this summer.  
Here's me in October:
And here's my face just a few weeks ago.  You can definitely see the difference in my face, don't you think?
Here's an up close and personal version of the heavier me in February:
So how did I do it? It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but really, when you're feeling desperate to get healthy, nothing is as hard as you think.  I gave up sugar and simple carbs for almost three months and started exercising again.  I reinstated my personal trainer certification and am helping a few people begin their walk down a path to better health and feel pretty good about that, too.

I do have a minor injury that's stopped me from doing much lately and I did take the time to enjoy the holidays but I've gained a pound.  Originally I thought it was more but thankfully it's not.  I'm back on track now and enjoyed the break.  Not the injury, that's for sure. I'm hoping to have surgery quickly and recover even faster but right now I just don't know what's going to happen with that.  Thankfully fitness is only a part of the program.

Tell me what you're planning for the new year!

Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment